Hello, and happy Friday! I wasn’t planning on a post today, but seeing as how I have been up since 12:30 am and having nothing else to do, what a better way to make the most of this unplanned insomnia than to sneak in another blog post for the week! I went to bed around 9:30, woke up at 12:30 to get a drink of water, and apparently my body decided that the three hours I had logged was enough and I have been stone cold awake ever since! Nevermind that I went to an evening yoga class, drank sleepytime tea, and took a melatonin! Wow, I can already tell I have the exhaustion-induced grumps going for me today. Well, since sleep isn’t in my foreseeable future today, let me recap all of the exciting things I’ve been doing for the past few hours!
- I read a 100 comment argument war thread on Facebook, that as you can imagine went absolutely nowhere (can confirm it was an entertaining read though, and I’m glad people still air their grievances and personal matters online with reckless abandon).
- Remembered every humiliating thing I have done or said since birth.
- Scrolled through the celebrity #puberme hashtag that’s going around on Instagram and Twitter and imagined what photo I would have used for mine.
- It would have been this one by the way.
- Thought about how unreal it is that today’s middle school aged kids can all do their hair and makeup better than nearly 30 year old me, and meanwhile when I was twelve I thought that clipping my bangs to the top of my scalp made sense.
- Realized that thinking about middle school and my fashion faux-pauxs definitely wasn’t going to help me fall asleep any faster.
- Went back to check on the FB comment thread for updates. There were none.
- Check Twitter to see what everyone thought of the Will & Grace reboot (I loved it!).
- Found zero reviews and became concerned that I was living in an alternate timeline where I was the only one who saw a Will & Grace reboot.
- Realized that I should definitely go back to sleep.
- Readjusted all pillows and blankets.
- Stared at the ceiling.
- Day dreamt about how nice it will be to tired and ready for bed by the next day.
- Get angry that I was daydreaming and not sleep dreaming.
- Admitted defeat and here we are.
Oof. It’s going to be a long day, folks. Well, I hope you are well rested and have a great weekend ahead of you! I’ll (hopefully and eventually) get some rest and see you guys next week with a new Oktoberfest 5k race recap!