Hello, and happy Monday! I hope you all had a relaxing holiday weekend and none of you ate Peeps because those are disgusting and why would you? My weekend was busy, busy, busy, so much so that we are splitting it up into two posts, a vague weekend recap, and tomorrow, a race recap! Typical as always, I took tons of photos for the race recap, and little to none for the rest of the weekend. Amateur blogger alert.
Shocker, no pictures! In my defense though I was in the office till 8 pm, so when I got home I made myself some vegetable ramen, and then immediately crashed. If we’re being real here, even if I had gotten off at a normal hour I probably would have still made vegetable ramen and fallen asleep by 10 pm, so this wasn’t too much of a stretch for me.
Saturday morning Jake and I got up early to head out for The Color Run! I’ll recap this in further detail for you tomorrow, but for now I’ll just say I got stupid colorful, and Jake’s feet are still blue/purple. I told him that if I walked in with his body under a blanket with only his feet poking out I would assume he had been dead for hours based on how they look, and I really don’t have time to be framed for murder so if he go ahead and that color off I’d really appreciate it.
After our Color Run, we cleaned up, completed all of our chores, and inhaled some Which Wich sandwiches (fiercely in love with their breakfast subs) before making the trek down to Austin! Jake’s sister and her husband live in Austin so we’ll frequently drive down to visit
their dogs them and hang out for a weekend! Since we arrived late in the evening, we went out for dinner and then pretty much went straight to bed after getting home. Again, another wild weekend night from yours truly!
Sunday was a hodge podge of activites that I of course failed to document it, but it played out as the following:
- Woke up and Jake’s sister and I dropped off Jake and his brother-in-law at a golf tournament.
- Jake’s sister and I go for a quick run by Town Lake in downtown Austin. Apparently Matthew McConaughey runs over there as well, but sadly I did not see him and get a chance to talk in depth on season one of True Detective.
- Stopped in for breakfast at a place called 24 Diner where I ate this plate of magic
- Headed up, cleaned up, and went out to see Zootopia! That was one of the best animated films I’ve seen in a while, and I almost cried fifty times because it was so cute.
- Picked up Jake and his brother-in-law from the golf tournament.
- Packed up our stuff and headed back to Dallas.
- Stopped at Whataburger because of course.
- Stopped at Buc-ee’s because of course (and also for some fruit, because Whataburger is delicious, but it’s still fast food, and fast food + sitting in car for four hours = um, discomfort)
- Listened to Serial season two on the drive home. Still really confused.
- Came home. Unpacked. Showered. Stretched. Crashed.
Yeah, so it was a bit of a whirlwind weekend! I’m ready to sleep for a hundred years, but alas a work week awaits! I hope your week is off to a great start, and I’ll see you tomorrow for a Color Run 2016 Race Recap!