There are few things in this world that get me more hyped for a season than a Bath & Body Works three wick candle. I don’t know what witchcraft (or chemistry, whatever) you guys use to encapsulate such specific and wonderful scents, but you get it so right every year! Much like the rest of the world, I especially love your Fall seasonal candles, and I stock up the second they are on the shelves…or whatever whimsical castle-like display you usually have in the store window at the time. Now while I love your already existing candle scents, I have a few ideas of my own I think you could incorporate into your Fall lineup next year. I know, I know. I’m merely just an overly enthusiastic girl who loves a candle lit ambience and the smell of “Sweater Weather”, but it could never hurt to expand your collection. Just hear me out…
- “$2 Nachos” – What is more fall than football? And what is more football than cheap fan fare food that could probably survive the apocalypse? Nachos! It sounds gross now, but think about it. If you can capture the smell of salt, and melted imitation Velveeta, then you pretty much have everything you need!
- “Overworked Barista” – We all flock to Starbucks for our PSLs this time of year, and what a way to celebrate America’s favorite Autumnal scent, and the poor soul who has churn 50,000 of those out a day than with the perfect candle! The packaging can include a Sharpie signature design that is both misspelled, and clearly evident that it was written by someone having a terrible day. You can get back to me on how you think it should smell, but I was thinking of a mix of burnt coffee and tears?
- “Midterm Meltdown” – I graduated from college four years ago (gross, what?) but this time of year still always reminds of the stress and anxiety that comes with the start of a new semester, and then what seems like not even a half hour later, midterms. I feel like you could really make a mint off of some exasperated college kids by letting them know that you have them in your thoughts with this particular candle. As far as the particular notes of this scent, I’m thinking musty library? Cold pizza? Adderall? There are really so many places to draw inspiration from here.
- “Family Time” – I am imagining this one as a three layered candle. The first layer being traditional Thanksgiving meal scents, maybe some cranberry? Pumpkin pie? After that layer burns off, and much like how the first hour dissolves after a family get together, the second scent would bring about a much more tense atmosphere. I don’t know what scent mirrors questions like “How’s your job going?” or “What are you majoring in?” but those sorts of questions normally arise sour feelings within myself, so maybe paint thinner? I don’t know. Just spit balling here, but once the second layer has melted, we would conclude with that last layer of “Kroger Brand Merlot”.
- “Cheap Apartment Heating Unit” – Nothing starts Fall off right than turning your heater on for the first time since February, only for the smell of smoke to come wallowing out of the vents, and then your hyper sensitive fire detector beginning a frenzy of beeping that just won’t quit. The good news is that this candle would be super cheap to make, because all you really need is a small bowl of shredded newspaper on fire. That’s it. That’s the smell. I just saved you so much money!
What do you think? I’ve got a few winners in the mix, and definitely some that you could feature this time next year. If not a candle, at least a hand sanitizer? Could you imagine the smell of “$2 Nachos” and rubbing alcohol? Vomit inducing, yes, but how cute would the packaging be?! Just think it over. We’ll be in touch, I’m sure.