Hey there, strangers! Long time no talk! I don’t know what it is about this past couple of months, but my blog activity has been abysmal. Every Sunday I tell myself, “Okay, let’s get some posts written and scheduled!” and then cut to twenty minutes later and I’m on the couch half asleep. Granted, this week has been a little crazy, but we’ll get to that later. In the meantime, let’s catch up over some pretend eggs benedict and mimosas shall we?
- I changed up my lunch meal prep again, and now I’m trying to incorporate raw vegan meals for lunch Mondays through Fridays! I don’t really have any rhyme or reason for this other than trying to make sure I hit my mark for my fruit and vegetable intake each day, but so far it’s been pretty good! This week I’ve been eating: butternut squash, cucumbers, strawberries, blueberries, veggie slaw, and almonds. I was scared it wouldn’t be very filling, but surprisingly it’s doing the job!
- I have almost put on boots to wear to work like six times since the month started. Is it Fall yet? And if it can’t be Fall yet, can we just all collectively agree to start wearing Fall clothes in August? I’m willing to pass out from heat exhaustion for this.
- I can cross off a Summer bucket list item. I finally started Harry Potter! I’ll keep you all posted on this ultra late in life Hogwarts journey.
- I got engaged.
- My birthday is next week and I keep thinking that I’m turning 26, when in fact I am turning 27. Like I actually have to stop myself and be like “Okay, you were born in 1990. It is 2017. You are turning 27. Also, what is wrong with you?”
- Oh yeah, about that other thing. Jake proposed on Tuesday! I’ll have a whole other post up about next week with pictures and everything, but yeah. It’s super weird and super cool, and no we have don’t have a date set yet, but we’re both really excited!
Thanks for putting up with my intermittent absences! I’m feeling a lot more motivated to blog regularly again, so hopefully that motivation sticks and I’ll see y’all more than once a week. As for upcoming posts, my Dad and I are running the Watermelon Dash 5k this Saturday, so I’ll see on Monday with a (hopefully successful) race recap! I hope you all have a great weekend!