Hello, and welcome back to Friday Brunch Date! Basically, the gist is that we both pretend to order something brunch related as an excuse for me to catch you up on what’s been going in my life (You can catch them here and here). Cool? So, I think I’ll go for the avocado on toast, with a side of turkey bacon. Feel free to order all the drinks you want (I’ll happily slump you into a Uber when we leave)! While the waiter is busy trying to a get a hamburger to fit on a stick for your Bloody, let me catch you up on my week!
- Jake and I are in the midst of planning our 2017 vacation! We are shooting for October so we can save up a little extra, but I’m thinking that pre-vacation vacation this Summer would be nice. A weekend trip to the beach? A hiking trip? Go visit the April the giraffe in New York? (Oh my god, can someone please sell Jake on the giraffe trip?!)
- I have been crushing it with my workouts this week. Monday, I went to my parents because our “home gym” was having a big party with lots of giveaways. Truth be told I went for the free t-shirt, but I also logged some elliptical miles and some arm work! Tuesday was a 5k on the treadmill, followed by more arms (bad idea. I can’t lift my arms over my head now), while Wednesday was a trip to the hot yoga studio! Sadly, no free t-shirts there.
- I canceled my Hulu subscription since Jake and I started using his login on the XBOX, and forgot I shared my login with 3 people…thus causing three frantic texts on Sunday asking what happened. Whoops!
- It may be a result of all of the Unicorn frappe Instagram posts, but lately my jealousy over people who can drink coffee without spiraling into an 8 hour panic attack has really intensified. I want to try cool Starbucks drinks! Well, maybe not the Unicorn one (I feel like one Grande size would leave me doubled over in a sugar coma for a whole day), but anything else will do! Is there a program for non-coffee people to become coffee people similar to how people become immune to snake venom? Just like a little bit at a time, or…? Okay, yeah I guess I’ll just have to stick with my non-caf green tea like a loser.
- Yesterday I called a company and their hold music was a polyphonic version of S Club 7’s “Bring It All Back”, and I am still laughing about it.
What’s new with you? What did you order?