Hello, and happy Friday! Thanks for popping in for another Friday brunch date! Our last waffle rendezvous was so much fun, I thought we’d try it again! How about pancakes this time? Cool? Cool. While you decide between a bloody or a mimosa, I’ll catch you up on what’s been going in my neck of the woods (life update: I’m now Al Roker).
- My entire skeletal system is feeling it after my half marathon this past Sunday. I’ve been doing a lot of yoga this week to feel normal again. A little Yoga With Adriene, a little Jillian Michaels, and a lot of noises that old people make when they get up from a chair whenever I attempt to reach and touch my toes.
- If you are on the fence about seeing Beauty & The Beast, and you’re scared that it will tarnish your childhood, don’t be! I saw it last weekend, and I thought it was incredible! I also cried three times, and the ballroom scene royally messed me up. The casting, cinematography, music, and everything about it was just wonderful! I’m loving all of these new live action Disney classics, and I’ve read that they’ve already started casting a new live action Lion King! I’m not quite sure how actual people will portray wild animals, but if Audra McDonald can play the hell out of a dresser, then I guess anything is possible! Also, should I attend the movie in my 1994 Halloween costume, or…?
- Jake and I are doing the Color Run tomorrow morning! I can’t wait to be coated in technicolor corn starch! I’ll recap it for you guys next week! In the meantime you can catch my previous Color Run recaps here and here!
- Later tomorrow night we’re going to see Margo Price in concert! I feel like I haven’t been to a concert in forever! So much so that I can’t remember the last one. I first heard Margo on SNL a few months ago, and fell in love with her music. This is my favorite song of hers!
- And in “No one is surprised by this news at all, Mallory”, I am still watching April the giraffe. I can’t wait till she finally has this baby…in 2035.
- I feel like my blog content has been a little lackluster lately, and I’m really hoping to change things up soon! It seems has if I’ve been caught in an endless cycle of race recaps and mini life updates, and I miss creating content that’s…well, not the same two things over and over again. I think this is mostly due to a touch of laziness on my part, but I’m hoping to get back having more fun with my posts! *Cut to me posting another Color Run race recap next week* Okay, after that! I swear!
That’s about it with me. What’s new with you? Is it too early to order chips and guac with this brunch? It’s basically no different than avocado on toast! Fine, I’ll just order another round of hash browns. Thanks for catching up with me! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
What did you order for our pretend brunch?!