Happy Friday, party people! I thought I’d catch up with you all over a few bullet points, and happenings from the past week over a pretend brunch. To be real, I’ve only literally brunched like twice in my life. I wake up really early on weekends and can’t be bothered to wait until mid morning to eat, but for the purposes of today’s post, I’m willing to make changes. So while you browse the menu (I already know that I’m ordering waffles #LeslieKnope), let me catch you up on what I’ve been up to. As always, nothing too exciting to report over here, unless you consider starting a new skin care regime that involves snail goop as exciting, in which case you are in for a treat! Other snails, it’s been pretty low-key over here, but I thought we were due for some catching up!
- Jake and I are seeing Kong: Skull Island tomorrow and I am so excited! I love monster and disaster movies, plus I love Brie Larson, so I’m sure it will be amazing! I’ll let you guys know how it is next week! Speaking of movies, I feel like I am the only person in the world who still hasn’t seen Get Out yet, and I need to “Get On” that…and I’ll see myself out for that terrible joke.
- My Dad and I are running the Dash Down Greenville 5k tomorrow. The 5k takes place before the big St. Patrick’s Day parade in Dallas, and the parade tailgaters are up and lit all before 8 am! Thankfully, they are in the early stages of their drunkenness by the time the race starts, so they are all smiles and high-fives as the runners whiz by. Cut to a few hours later, and I’m sure it is a much different atmosphere…
- I recently revamped my skin care routine to Asian skincare products, and have been loving it. It’s only been about a week and half, so I don’t enough time has passed to warrant a “before and after” shot, but I am seeing small changes! My biggest struggle is with acne scarring, as I was SO fortunate to struggle with cystic acne off and on for nearly ten years. Right now my routine is: Face wash with Liquid Neutrogena (I will replace this after it runs out since I’ve recently learned the pH level is too high), Toner, Brightening Essence, Vitamin C Serum, Rosehip oil, and SPF for morning, and Snail Renewal Cream (sounds gross, but it’s amazing) at night, and then sheet masks 2 to 3 times a week! If you’re interested, I’ve been referencing the Asian Beauty subreddit a lot, and it has been super helpful! If this ends up being a massive success, I’ll definitely do a more in depth post on this in the future!
- I have now been watching this April the Giraffe live stream for two weeks now. Please tell me I’m not the only one still watching this???
- Do any of you watch “Girls” on HBO? Can we please discuss this week’s episode? I won’t spoil anything for anyone who hasn’t caught up, but at the end of it I literally said out loud “How are they going to handle this?!?!?” I fully recognize that everyone on the show is terrible (except for Shosh, I love her), but much like that giraffe, I am too far invested to give up watching now!
Thanks for the virtual brunch! I hope I didn’t get too drunk on mimosas and embarrass you in public. Classic me. I hope you all have a great weekend! I’ll be back Monday with a 5k race recap, and hopefully a positive movie review. See ya Monday!
Okay but seriously, can someone talk about “Girls” with me?