Hello and happy New Year!!! I apologize for posting so late in the week, but the past two weeks have been absolutely NUTS and I fell super behind on my posting schedule. The last week of the year is easily the busiest time for me at work, and I was working late all last week (YAY!), and then past weekend Jake and I were in Austin visiting with his sister, brother-in-law, and new baby niece! Needless to say, it’s been crazy over here! Also, unless you missed it on Insta, Jake and I joined a 24 Hour Fitness, so our free time after work has been spent there! We got a head start on our 2017 resolutions, and saved a few bucks by signing up before the New Year, and even managed to hit up the gym while we were down in Austin, so that’s been fun! Thankfully things are starting to wind down a bit, and I’ll have time to catch up on errands/blog stuff/sleep this weekend, but until then I thought a fun post for the start of the new year would be an introductory survey (also my brain looks and feels like a scrambled egg and I can’t muster the creativity for a legitimate text post)! Maybe it’s all those hours wasted on Myspace bulletins as a teen, but I am sucker for a pointless survey! I copied this one from one of my favorite bloggers, Julie, over at PBFingers. Let’s get started!
25 Things You Don’t Know About Me
1. I’m happiest when… when I’ve completed everything on my to-do list for the day.
2. …Especially if it… after completing said to-do list, I’ve got the rest of the day to hang out with Jake, or having time to binge read a book.
3. I’ve always wanted to… be best friends with Phil from “I’ll Have What Phil’s Having” and become his travel companion on his TV show, or be relevant enough to be asked to speak on a VH1 commentary show about literally any decade. I’ll also settle for being asked to be on the panel for The Big Fat Quiz of The Year (it would help if I was British for that one though).
4. My family and I… used to watch Jerry Springer together when I was kid and I feel like this explains a lot about our family dynamic.
5. I was a terrible… math student, and I’m still awful at it. God bless, iPhone tip calculators.
6. My first job was… Working as a hostess at Red Robin. I think I was 16? I just remember always smelling like disinfectant and fries. YUMMM.
7. I could probably eat hot wings every day for every meal for the rest of my life.
8. I stole… I once stole an eraser from a Baby’s R Us when I was five, but I felt so guilty about it that I dropped it and left in the parking lot as we were leaving the store. Actually, it was probably less guilt and more fear of the wrath of my parents if they saw/figured out that I stole something.
9. I was born on the same day as… River Phoenix, Keith Moon, Julian Casablancas, and my hero, Caroline Manzo.
10. My all-time favorite film is… It’s Complicated. Here’s a whole obnoxious post about why I love it so much. I also love Goodfellas, Dan in Real Life, and the entire filmography of Paul Rudd.
11. I do a pretty mean… Natalie Portman impression. Her red carpet smile always looks like she is dying on the inside, also my best friend and I routinely reenact monologues from Where The Heart Is.
12. I’m still mad… about that Gilmore Girls revival. UGH WHY?! (Click here for a post on where I thought the show went wrong)
13. I met my husband… Jake and I aren’t married, but we met in high school band in 2006. We had an early years Jim and Pam thing for most of high school, except I was Jim and Jake was Pam because he was ALWAYS dating someone (he vehemently denies this, but if you went to GHS between the years 2005-2009, then I feel that you can probably see where I’m coming from).
14. I always knew I wanted… lots of pets. Jake and I currently only share one dog, but in ideal world where we lived on lots of land, I would have horses, goats, pigs, maybe a few cows, and several dogs and cats. I love farm animals, and I basically want to grow up to be that mean dad from Son-In-Law.
15. I’m not afraid to… push myself. I feel like within the past 3 or 4 years I have become extremely goal-oriented (in a stark contrast to what I was like growing up, which was stone cold lazy), and have really enjoyed taking on new challenges.
16. I make the best… cheddar ranch chicken. I make this from time to time as a guilty pleasure meal, and it is SO good!
17. I have almost no… patience. Some days I feel like everyone in the world is that sloth from Zootopia, and I’m just like “COME ON!” I need to get over this one.
18. I always cry when… (SPOILERS) whenever I watch the last episode of The Office and Michael shows up to surprise Dwight as his best man. It gets me EVERY. TIME.
19. I’m (now) … like what am I doing at this exact moment? Uh, drinking tea and answering these questions!
20. I spent 12 years… Living in Grapevine, Texas. I’m now only a little bit farther away, but that’s the longest I’ve ever lived in one place!
21. I wish my folks… would stop letting Gilbert escape into the backyard! Back story…one of our family cat’s, Gilbert, is notorious for making a mad dash outside whenever our dog is let out into the backyard. He has on several occasions refused to come back inside and spent his nights sleeping the backyard. I’m terrified that one day he’ll find a cooler family that will allow him to stay outside full time and leave us forever. #irrationalpetfears
22. At 5, I was deeply in love with The Lion King, and personal space (my childhood motto was “Go away!” As you can imagine, I was a real delight!).
23. I believe if everyone agreed that the comments section of literally anything wasn’t a space for spewing garbage and vitriolic nonsense, then the world would be, or maybe just the internet, would be a better place.
24. I can’t stand… when I tell someone to “Have a great day!” and am met with the response “K, Bye.” A simple “Thank you. You too.” would suffice!
25. Whenever I happen upon a St. Bernard Instagram account, I will follow it.
After re-reading this it is quite clear that I am on a re-watch of The Office, as it came up twice in this survey. Whoops! I had a lot of fun filling this one out, so hit me up in the comments if you do this survey so I can check out your answers! I’m off to decompress for the weekend, and run the Hotcake Hustle 10k this Saturday, so I’ll see you Monday morning with a new race recap. Have a great weekend!