- Go to yoga at least 6 times a month. I have been seriously slacking on attending my yoga classes in favor of just doing at home workouts, and during my Christmas vacation I went three times in one week and rediscovered my love for not only yoga, but the barre and core classes the studio offers as well. In an ideal world I would go three times a week every week, but my work schedule doesn’t always align for the class schedule, so I think 6 times a month is definitely achievable.
- Speaking of yoga, I want to become better at being flexible and finally work my way into the yoga poses I fear the most, specifically the headstand. I have always wanted to be able to do one (My mom would help me practice when I was a kid, but I never quite got it!) so this year I’m going to do it and hopefully not fall and break my neck (cut to me in a neck brace by March).
- Make time for friends. I think as adults we are all a little guilty of maintaining friendships, and granted trying to make time for someone if you don’t already live with them (and sometimes even then!) can be difficult. Some of my best friends from high school and I got together for lunch the other day and it was the first time some of us had all been together at the same time in years…and that was excluding two from the original gang (missed you Kelsey and Havs!!) that couldn’t make it. Work and distance can make things tricky, but I’d like to be better about being the first to initiate plans and scheduling get togethers!
- I feel like I am the queen of organization in every facet of my life except for one. My pantry. Is it less of a goal, and more a chore that I want organize my pantry? It absolutely is, but guys if I don’t put this one down in writing it may never get done. Mine and Jake’s pantry, even on it’s best day, always looks like the aftermath of a Super Market Sweep taping and I want…no NEED to get it together. I think it’ll come down to purchasing some plastic storage bins from Home Goods or The Container Store, but I am ready to Ty Pennington that space like no other. Before and after pictures to follow!
- Plan another fun vacation with Jake. After our trip to Clearwater this past August, we immediately caught vacation fever and wanted to plan another one! We both tossed around the idea of doing a west coast trip, but not sure where to go. My friend Stefan and I are toying with the idea of a Portland trip, so that’s covered, but where should Jake and I go???
I am genuinely excited to see what this year brings. Jake and I will be going on four years together, my dad and I are running a half marathon together this year (my sixth, and his first!), we get another Star Wars (although I’ll be crying from start to finish. RIP Carrie), and maybe this year my dog will finally take me seriously! Bring it on, 2017!
What are your goals for 2017?