Hello and happy Friday! Remember a week ago when I casually mentioned how I was probably going to talk about the upcoming Gilmore Girls: A Year in The Life revival leading up to the premiere date? Surprise! I’m dubbing every Friday leading up to the November 25th premiere date, Gilmore Friday! I’m sorry that I don’t have a more clever title for this, but given that there are no days of the week that begin with the letter “G” I couldn’t work in any cute alliteration, but I thought it could be a fun nod to the Gilmore Friday night dinners! For this first installment of Gilmore Friday, I’m compiling a checklist of items that I think you should have on stock for the perfect GG binge watching experience!
- Refer back to my Definitive Ranking of Rory Gilmore’s Ex-Boyfriends post, and host your own debate as to which ex-bf is best (it’s Jess btw).
- I feel like the most obvious essential for a Gilmore Girls viewing would be coffee, but if you’re like me and not a coffee fan (and fun fact, neither is Alexis Bledel!) grab some tea, cider, or any warm beverage of your choice! I mistakenly purchased six boxes of caramel apple tea on Amazon the other day, so I’ll be drinking that during my GG marathon…and probably for the rest of my life.
- Serve your hot cup of whatever in a funky mug! I feel like I never saw the same mug twice on that show, so if you really want to commit, drink out of a different mug for each episode! I’ll be drinking out of my Luke’s Diner mug that I ordered from Etsy last month!
- Junk food! Personally I would refer to the episode (“Kiss and Tell” Season 1) where Dean is invited over for a viewing of Charlie & The Chocolate Factory for your grocery list. (Ex: pizza, marshmallows, candy, anything else that would cause indigestion for a week) I know the episodes air the day after Thanksgiving, but if they Gilmores can survive four Thanksgiving celebrations in one day, you can power eat your way through this too!
- Tap into your inner Luke Danes and a wear a flannel shirt. Extra points if you also wear a backwards cap and terrible attitude.
- If you aren’t a Luke fan, show your rebellion with pancakes, or really international cuisine for that matter, by supporting Al’s Pancake World!
- In honor of the passing of Edward Hermann (AKA Richard Gilmore), pour yourself a glass of scotch or light up a cigar. I hate both of those things, so I’ll just have a glass of wine and light a candle.
Also, for any Paris Gellars out there, I’ve included a PDF printable checklist to make sure you have everything you need to prepare your binge watch!
What will you have on hand for your Gilmore Girls binge watch? Share in the comments!