Hello and happy Tuesday! Aside from it being the second day of the week, today is also my birthday! Your girl is officially 26 years old today. I’m currently on the beach in Florida right now (hopefully with a drink in one hand and a book in another), but I thought what a better way to ring in my bday (and whip up a post way in advance since there’s no way in H-E-double hockey sticks that I’m bringing my laptop to the beach) than with a get to know me quiz! This questionnaire originally hails from Megan over at Megan Has OCD, and was a lot of fun to fill out. So, if you’re new here, what a serendipitous post to fall upon, and if you’re a regular, then you already know that I hardly took these answers seriously. Thanks for sticking around despite that. (P.S. Since this post was written a few weeks in advance some answers may seem a little dated if we’ve already covered it on the blog, sorry!)
25 Get to Know Me Q’s
1. What is your middle name?: Anne. After deciding on a Mallory as a first name, and already having an “L” last name, my parents thought it hilarious to give me an “A” middle name so my initials would be MAL. It is almost alarming, that even well into my 20’s, how often I get the “Did you know your middle initials spell MAL??” question after revealing my full name. The person asking question is normally met with dead eyes and a long exasperated sigh.
2. What was favorite subject at school?: I was hilariously bad at school growing up. Like Claudia from Baby-Sitters Club bad, but I tended to gravitate towards English and History as a kid, and then wound up majoring in History in college. Please see my “About Me” section if you’d like to point out what a poor choice of a major that was. Believe me, I know.
3. What is your favorite drink?: My all time favorite concoction is ice water with an alarming amount of lemon juice. The more sour, the better. I’m on the fast track to losing all of enamel off my teeth, but that’s my bridge to cross with my dentist later.
4. What is your favorite song at the moment?: Much like Rachel’s movie answer in the apartment bet episode of Friends, when asked my favorite song is “This Must Be The Place” by The Talking Heads, but if we’re being real it’s definitely Mariah Carey’s “Fantasy”.
5. What is your favorite food?: Hot wings. I was put on this earth for hot wings.
6. What is the last thing you bought?: I just pre-ordered Lauren Graham’s upcoming memoir “Talking As Fast As I Can” and if my sister or Dad is reading this right now, yes you can borrow it when I’m done.
7. Favorite book of all time?: Hmm, this is a doozy, but for a long chunk of time it was Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer, but I also just finished John Cleese’s “So Anyway…” and have never laughed harder while reading a book. Those two books could not be more different from each other, so I should probably just stick with one. I can’t choose. You know what? My final answer is the entirety of The Pony Pals series. Those came with cool trading cards.
8. Favorite Color?: Prince purple.
9. Do you have any pets?: At my parents we have our three cats, Gilbert, Rico and Bridget, and our beloved, never done anything wrong in her life, flawless dog, Hannah. With Jake we share Brinkleigh, who on a good day treats me like Julia Roberts in the movie Step Mom, but we’re working on it.
10. Favorite Perfume?: I have no idea what the name is, probably because the packaging is completely unreadable, but there is a lavender-honey perfume from Anthropologie that I loooove. I also love the Bath & Body Works interpretation of margarita that comes out every summer because my tastes are on par with a trashy 14 year old.
11. Favorite Holiday?: Whichever one gets me time off from work.
12. Are you married?: To Jude Law in my head? Yes. Legally and in reality? No.
13. Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times?: 0.00 times. I know, it’s shameful!
14. Do you speak any other language?: I minored in Italian in college, but I graduated four years ago (God, WHAT?) and never kept up with it. These days the extent of my Italian knowledge is ordering spaghetti and meatballs takeout with Jake.
15. How many siblings do you have?: I have an older sister, but I also grew up with a cat that my family nicknamed “Brother” so do with that information what you will on how seriously we value our pets in my family.
16. What is your favorite shop?: This questions is probably geared towards those who are into clothes, but I’m not, so can my answer be Trader Joe’s? Because it is.
17. Favorite restaurant?: Buffalo Wild Wings because I’m trash, but if I have to give you an “acceptable” answer I’d say Pappadeaux’s because jokes on you I’m still trash.
18. When was the last time you cried?: Jake showed me a video of a dog that can play the bass drum the other day and I got emotional. (Please watch Maple the Pup for yourself. She is my new favorite internet celebrity)
19. Favorite Blog?: Mine. Just kidding. The one’s I keep up with on the regular are Julie, Taylor, Helene, Martina, Emily, Monica, Samantha, Chelsea, Erin, Jess, and my all time favorite, Jenny. Some people read the paper in the morning, I read like 500 blogs.
20. Favorite Movie?: It’s Complicated. So much so that I wrote an entire ridiculous post about it.
21. Favorite TV shows?: My all time favorite is The Office (I love David Brent, but the American version with Michael Scott is my favorite). I will also obsessively talk about: Breaking Bad, Arrested Development (except I chose to pretend that Season 5 didn’t happen), House of Cards, Gilmore Girls (I also pretend seasons 5-7 of this show did not happen), and Daria.
22. PC or Mac?:
Justin Long Mac
23. What phone do you have?: iPhone 6s, but it seems as if mine was with the camera quality of an underwater disposable Kodak.
24. How tall are you?: 5’4, otherwise known as never quite tall enough for the top shelf of anything.
25. Can you cook?: If I’m not hungry while cooking, I’m great. If I’m cooking while hungry I will under cook everything and eat half of the materials while waiting, so it’s a real gamble sometimes.
Do you feel like you know me now? I hope so. Honestly, as long as I’ve covered Pony Pals and hot wings, that’s really all you need to ghost write my auto biography. Let me know if you end up doing this quiz in the comments so I can check it out!