Hello and happy Thursday! Last week I skipped #tbt so I could yell at a watch, but this week I’m bringing it back with what seems to be the most popular year with my #tbt posts, 2008 era Mallory. Also, I seemed to have acquired a few new readers lately, so for anyone unfamiliar with the #tbt posts on the blog, let me break it down for you
- I make fun of myself in the style of a typically serious #OOTD (Outfit of The Day) that you normally find on the Instagram feed of a fashion blogger, or in the worst case scenario, Kylie Jenner.
That was an easy explanation, but if you want to check out any older posts, you can find them here! So with that being said, welcome new readers, and let’s go make fun of myself…again.
- One of the worst things about myself is that used to wear tanks tops over t-shirts, and sometimes tank tops under t-shirts. This caused me both a lot of laundry, and emotional strife for those who had to be seen with me. In my defense I really thought it looked good, but in retrospect I look like I was just telling the world “I’m fourteen and my mom picked this out.”
- Also, that is giant fake Dolce & Gabbana bag that I got off Canal Street on a trip to NYC. It smelt like a melted shoe and also featured tassels, and MAN did I love it.
- Remember when side bangs with a pony tail and an athletic headband was on trend? Oh, it never was? Cool.
- It’s not visible, but knowing where I was at in life in 2008, I’ll assume it was forehead to neck NYC brand in the shade “Not right for you.”
- Casually linking arms with a cardboard cutout of Michael Cera. As one does in public.
- My favorite place to pay $14 for a movie ticket and almost get run over by a mean 15 year old on a skateboard, the AMC at Grapevine Mills Mall.
I’m pretty sure this photo is the last time Michael Cera was seen anywhere, because I think since season four of Arrested Development he has been living in an underground cave recording indie folk music using a Fisher Price xylophone. Michael Cera, please come back!