Hello and happy Monday! I thought in lieu of sharing a weekend review (where I did nothing but chores and binge watch Friends), and since I’ll be posting this weekend’s 5k race recap tomorrow, I thought I could share a fun ice cream recipe instead today! What’s great about this ice cream is that it’s totally vegan, dairy free, and something you can even enjoy for breakfast! Now, I know when I say ice cream you must be thinking, “Um, I don’t have an ice cream maker, nor am I about to go out and buy one for the sake of this post!” Well fret not grumpy reader, given that this ice cream recipe is dairy free, and the only working part you’ll need is a blender or food processor! Also, you can swap out a few things and totally cater this to whatever flavor you’d like!
What you’ll need:
- 2 frozen bananas (chopped)
- 1 scoop Chocolate protein powder (To keep it vegan I used the Vega protein powder)
- A small handful (or several…) of cacao chips (Regular chocolate chips will also work if you aren’t fond of saying Cacao all the time)
- A splash of coconut milk (optional)
Here, do this:
- Toss ingredients into your blender or food processor (or Vitamix if life is going well for you), and process until ingredients form a smooth and creamy consistency. I add a couple of splashes of coconut milk into mine since I’m using a blender and it wasn’t put on this earth for the purposes of vegan ice cream making, so it assists with blending the frozen banana. Once blended, carefully scoop out into a bowl and enjoy!
Feel free to play around this recipe and come up with fun flavors of your own! Maybe a blackberry dark chocolate? Strawberry vanilla? Or if you’re cool with washing out your blender three times, Neopolitan? The possibilities are endless!