Hello and happy Friday everyone! You may have guessed it from today’s title, but I’m skipping a Friday Finds this week, but I promise I have my reasons! Namely, I don’t have a collection of cool things to share, and I couldn’t wait to post another Broke Appetit. Today I’m sharing a creation I made last night, a homemade Chipotle bowl! I eat Chipotle about once a week, sometimes two if my week is going great, but I thought this week I could try my hand at making my own Chipotle interpretation! The results were great, and even better than that, cheap!
- Chicken breast
- Seasoned with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper (optional)
- baked at 475 degrees for 25 minutes
- Chop into semi-convincing chicken cubes
- Shredded lettuce
- Brown rice
- Black beans
- Tabasco sauce (Personally I think this works better in place of salsa, especially if you normally opt for the hot sauce at Chipotle)
- Shredded cheese
- You can charge yourself extra.
Throw your ingredients into a bowl (or a burrito if you have the folding skills), and you’ve got yourself and cheap and easy Chipotle meal! Feel free to substitute these ingredients with anything you like! I may go for the steak for the protein in my next adaptation, or carnitas since every time I go to Chipotle they are always out. Let me know if you guys try this out and I hope you liked it! I’ll catch you all next Monday, and I hope you all have a great Halloween!