Well folks, it’s Thursday and you know what that means! You guessed it (unless you guessed something else, in which case, what are you doing here?), it’s #tbt! In honor of it being the six year anniversary of when I first left for college, I thought I’d share a photo of me the day I moved into my dorm freshman year! You’ll notice that I look I am near tears and about to burn the place down, but we’ll touch on that in a moment.
- Stylish red tee courtesy of Chuy’s fine Mexican dining.
- For reasons unknown, layered with white tank top. (Signature staple of my wardrobe from 2008-to like the other day when I realized that I looked like a moron)
- Target denim shorts that I cuffed an extra time to look “extra cool.”
- This was still during my 15-16 applications of Clinique Acne Solutions foundation phase.
- Pale complexion due in part to sheer exhaustion coupled with a fiery rage over the fact we had spent 10 hours moving into a cardboard box sized room (two trips were made to Target that day. TWO).
- Side swept bangs with low messy ponytail in attempt to say “I don’t care, but really I do because it took me half an hour to do this.”
- “I wish my parents would leave so I can start college now.”
- Spoiler alert: I was back in my room by 10 pm that night and proceeded to be bored as hell and watching YouTube videos by myself for the following week. I was real cool, y’all.
Luxury pent house suite
- Black mold infested dorm room.
- Note the super cool turntable wall art (more Target).
- The mini fridge to my left would go on to die two days later, but not before it froze a gallon of milk to a block of ice.