In an effort to justify my purchasing of mason jars, as well getting creative my breakfast routine, I thought I’d share a new overnight oats recipe with you all today! You may remember a few weeks ago when I was really big on my strawberry and peanut butter recipe, and while that is still a go-to, I’ve also been toying around with other flavors, such blueberry pie! Now I love pie as much as the next person (Maybe not as much as Jason Biggs, but I’m okay with that), but as much as I wish that I could eat pie every day for breakfast, I can’t Mostly because that’s a terrible idea, and because pies are expensive. However, I have come up with a way to jazz up your oatmeal to taste like your favorite pie, and it is crazy easy! I’m using blueberries for this one, but feel free to swap that out for any other fruit if you’d like!
- 1/2 cup of oats.
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (still using that “female” one from last time, and I’m still confused about it)
- 1 tablespoon of chia Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A dash of ground cinnamon.
The night before:
- Mix in your dry ingredients first, and then add in your coconut milk and vanilla extract and generously stir until well mixed. Top off with your frozen blueberries, and you’ve got yourself a pie in a jar, my friend! Place your jar/bowl/whatever you made this in and let sit in the refrigerator, The next morning, dump into a bowl and heat on high for one minute and thirty seconds. It won’t be the most attractive pie in the world, in fact it may look like purple brain matter, but I promise that it is delicious, and the cinnamon and vanilla pair deliciously with the blueberries!
Let me know if you try this out! I’ve already come up with another recipe idea (hint: think cobbler…), so I may be trying that one out next week! Feel free to share what fruit you would add in, or better yet let’s discuss our favorite pies! What’s yours?