Hello and happy Tuesday, friends! I hope your week is off to a good start. Mine is going a lot better than last week where I encountered the following:
- Maybe food poisoning? Maybe stomach flu? Who knows. All I know is that I participated in the worst Master Cleanse of my life.
- Finally got my bank nightmare squared away.
- We’ve been incredibly short staffed at work this past month with people out on vacations, or “Summer Fridays” and last week it seemed like everyone was gone, thus causing a bit of chaos and ultra stressful work days.
- My favorite shirt ripped a small hole. This, while on the surface is not a big deal, was the last hurrah of my terrible week last week, so I’m adding it to the list. (RIP Old Navy chambray shirt, I’ll miss feeling like Joanna Gaines every time I wore you.)
That being said, I’m hoping this week is kinder to me so I can go out of July on a good note. Speaking of July, I’ve been relatively absent this month! I figured since I’ve scaled back on blog posts I can update you on the goings on (people say that, right?) of my life (involuntarily Master Cleanse not included).
- Despite doing a terrible job of documenting it, I’m still running and doing my Blogilates workouts! My hectic schedule has put yoga on the back burner for a little over a week, but I should be back at it next week when things cool down. I’ve been mostly sticking to 10ks on Saturdays, and adhering to Cassey Ho’s July calendar during the week. My other new workout however is a bit shameful…
- I’ve joined the latest craze and am now an overly active participant with Pokemon Go. Jake and I now go on 2+ walks with the dog a day (we were walking her beforehand obviously, but now it’s actually fun. Please don’t relay this message to our dog. In our defense though she is terrible at keeping a conversation going.) to “catch ’em all”, and I go for a small walk during my lunch break as well. Honestly, as long as I don’t get hit by a car I don’t care what people think of me playing it.
- I am currently reading John Cleese’s “So Anyway…” and laughing hysterically about every other page. However, I have a large queue of new books awaiting me, so I’m trying to wrap it up this week so I can start on something new! (Update Goodreads post/what I’m reading will be coming your way soon!)
- Jake and I are seeing Blink-182 and All-American Rejects this Friday, and then the next morning is my favorite 5k, the Watermelon Dash! Oh, and then on Sunday I’m going back to my college town of Denton to hang with my good friend Abby and boyfriend Ben for the afternoon! Look at me having plans!
So yeah, not a ton of change over here, but it’s been a minute since we’ve caught up so I thought I’d share what my July has been like! I’m now on the downhill part of my countdown to our Clearwater vacation (24 days!), and I’m so excited to be at the beach! You know where the closest beach to me is? 8 hours? And unless you consider “A great place to get Hep C” or prefer your sand to be “Gravel gray brown” than there isn’t really much of a reason to travel there. I’m ready for vacation, y’all.